Monday, February 12, 2007

The Will Of Thomas Gilham Jr.


The Will Of Thomas Gilham Jr.
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'


Transcription of the will of Thomas Gilham 1809-1856
Thomas Gilham was born in Morristown ,Belmont Co. Ohio on 15th of October 1809 . He was the son of Thomas Gilham Sr. of Virginia and Mary Elizabeth Nee Triplett of Loudon Co. W.VA. . He was married twice ,First to Catherine Hall and secondly to Dorothee" Dolly" Unknown. His sister Mary Gilham ,who married Rev. Issac C. Burr, was my ggggrandmother.
Following is the will which I received from the Harrison Co. Ohio Courthouse in December of 2006.
Record of the Last Will and Testament of Thomas Gilham, Deceased
In the name of the Benevolent Father of us all, I Thomas Gilham make and ordain this my last will and testament.
Item 1. That all my legal debts of every character and nature shall be liquidate.
item 2. That the residue of my entire estate good of all description, I will and bequeath to Dolly my beloved wife during her natural life and that if the Dorthy Anne I. Drake should marry before the death of Dolly my wife and that if anything is left after the death of my wife,that the effecets thus remaining shall go to Dorthy Anne.
Item 3. I do Bequeath to my nephew William Reese Burr my best saddle and rifle on account of labor.
Item 4. I do hereby nominate and appoint Elsey Moore and Dolly my wife as executor of this my last will and testament
In Testimony thereof I have here unto set my hand and seal this 21st day of July in the year 1856.
Signed and acknowledged by said Thomas Gilham in his last will and testament in our presense.
J.W.Wherry, Issac Clevenger, Thomas Jones.

No comments: